I’m sure this is cheating to post this now. My sister’s bridal shower was a month ago, but this party decoration was so easy to create!
The lacey lanterns were a project inspired by Belinda over at The Happy Home Blog and really helped make it a special garden party.
A couple of additional tips from my own attempts:
- Scotch double-sided permanent strength tape was the only kind that actually held the petals on the lanterns and even that didn’t hold perfectly.
- Be prepared to use at least 1.5 packages of 16-count doilies for each lantern.
- Wilton’s grease-proof kind had the prettiest “lace” of the varieties I found.
- Don’t put them outside in the wind until the party is about to start. (See point 1 if you’re wondering why!)
- You may need a buddy to hang them at the right height. I wasn’t tall enough to hang them myself even on the highest ladder.
I got by with a little help from my dad.
Ta-Da! Girly summer ambiance.